Dairy foods keep your body growing strong by providing an abundance of vitamins and essential nutrients. On its own, milk is a nutrient powerhouse with 13 essential nutrients in every serving. Some of these nutrients include:
- Protein to build and repair muscle.
- Zinc to support immune function.
- Calcium, phosphorus and vitamin D which all play a key role in bone strength.
- An abundance of B vitamins to convert food into energy.
This hearty dairy potato bake recipe is packed with dairy goodness that will pair well with your next family meal. With butter, cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar cheese, you are sure to get plenty of dairy goodness with this easy-to-assemble side dish.
Dairy Potato Bake
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 28 oz Potatoes O’Brien
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat together melted butter, cream cheese, sour cream, cream of chicken, onion powder and salt.
- Add 11/2 c. shredded cheese and potatoes.
- Spread into greased 13×9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes, remove foil and bake for 5 additional minutes.