Thank you to the Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association for providing this week’s delectable recipe.
Low-calorie and high in fiber, baked potatoes are a healthy source of energy, potassium and vitamin C to help fuel you throughout your day. Potatoes are more energy-packed than any other common vegetable with 26 grams of carbohydrates per serving. These carbohydrates are essential for fueling our bodies, performing and recovering from activity.
Potatoes are also nutritional powerhouses as a soruce of iron, vitamin B6 and protein.
All of these are fantastic reasons to lighten up your next meal with an energy-packed, French roasted potato bowl. This meal is ready in under 30 minutes and is packed with nutrients to keep your body fueled.
French Roasted Potato Power Bowl
- 1 lb. Russet Potatoes Approximately 2 potatoes, washed and diced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Sweet Onion diced
- 1 Bunch Lacinato Kale washed and stripped of the rib and torn into smaller pieces
- 1 Lemon halved
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat oven to 425°F. To a large bowl, add the diced potatoes, 1 tbsp olive oil and the seasoning mix spices. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and mix well. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, add the additional 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the kale and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Allow the kale to cook down, about 5 minutes. Once cooked down, add the juice of one lemon half (or both if you love lemon!)
- In a small skillet, cook eggs your favorite way!
- To two bowls, divide the roasted potatoes topped with the kale mixture and eggs. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Finally, drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!