The summer heat is here to stay, so why not cool down with an ice cold popsicle filled with dairy goodness? Mascarpone and ricotta cheese blended together with sweet honey, cocoa and raspberries provide a sweet twist on a summertime favorite. These chocolate-raspberry swirled popsicles are filled with bone-building calcium and strength-defining protein that make this sweet indulgence equally wholesome.
Try a whole milk ricotta cheese when making these popsicles; the higher fat content and richer, creamier texture is a great choice for freezing.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese. Photo courtesy of Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.
Chocolate-Raspberry Swirled Popsicles
- 6 oz fresh raspberries one container
- 3/4 cup Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Mascarpone cheese 6 ounces
- 3/4 cup Clock Shadow Creamery Ricotta cheese 6 ounces
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 4 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 10-12 Popsicle molds or disposable cups and Popsicle sticks
- Gently crush raspberries with back of spoon in a bowl; set aside.
- Place the mascarpone, ricotta, milk, sugar, honey and vanilla bean paste into a blender; cover and process until mixture is combined. Divide mascarpone mixture evenly into two bowls. Stir cocoa into one bowl. Fold raspberries into the other bowl.
- Fill molds or disposable cups alternating layers of chocolate and raspberry mixtures. Place holder or cover with foil; insert Popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight