Make your morning coffee a dairy month celebration with this Vietnamese iced coffee recipe. This recipe is a blend of flavorful cold brew coffee with the sweetness of condensed milk making for refreshing, caramelly drink that is perfect for the warmer months of summer.
This recipe is easy to customize with flavored syrups and spices to your liking. It is also easy to get different flavor notes by playing with the amount of sweetened condensed milk:
- Use one tablespoon for a more coffee-forward flavor.
- Use two tablespoons for a balanced flavor between coffee and sweet.
- Use three tablespoons for a rich, sweet flavor that mimics that of caramel.
Vietnamese Iced Coffee
- 6 oz concentrated cold brew coffee
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk more or less for desired flavor
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add in coffee and add desired amount of condensed milk.
- Stir until ingredients are completely mixed and enjoy.
- Experiment with flavors by adding spices such as cinnamon.
- Add 12 ounces of coarsely ground coffee beans to a large container with 7 cups of cold water. Mix well to moisten, cover with cheese cloth and let stand at room temperature for at least 15 hours.
- Remove cheesecloth and strain the coffee mixture through a mesh sieve into a pitcher. Line the same sieve with a coffee filter and strain coffee through the sieve again into a large pitcher or jar. Cover, chill and keep refrigerated. Use within two weeks.